12:49 16 February 2013
Adopting a pet is definitely a rewarding experience. However, caring for a pet would also mean spending your precious money. Based on studies, costs for basic food, medical care, and supplies can be as much as hundreds of pounds each year per pet.
However, there are ways on how you can cut down the cost. These are the following:
1. Choose wisely. Before you choose a pet, bear in mind that the kind of pet that you choose to adopt will determine the costs that you can anticipate. For example, a certain breed of cats or dogs requires more frequent grooming than others. Also bigger pets will obviously need more food compared to smaller ones. So, choose your pet based on your budget.
2. Buy food and supplies in bulk. Don’t save on food by getting the cheapest ones. Instead, invest on nutritious food and just buy in bulk so you can get bigger savings.
3. Save on grooming. You can do this by learning how to groom your own pet instead of taking it to groomer.
4. Compare vet prices and services. Find a reputable vet who doesn’t charge too much but offer quality services.
5. Get pet insurance. Take out pet insurance for your furry friend while they’re young. Pet insurance covers certain surgeries, medical treatments, lab fees, medication, and X-rays. For just few pounds per month, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that your pet will receive the best treatment available should they need it.
Disclaimer: Supanet is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to this website
x Share us on Facebook