5 Hot Tips For Safe Travel
Make sure your holiday is stress-free by getting the appropriate travel insurance.
12:59 07 March 2013
Everyone knows that travelling rarely goes as expected. Luckily most of the time annoyances may consist of misplacing the map, getting lost and forgetting to pack socks.
Occasionally there are other, more significant problems that cause a lot more stress. Missing or stolen luggage immediately puts travellers in a bind and starts a holiday on the wrong foot.
Travel insurance exists to help alleviate as much of the burden as possible when the unexpected happens. Here are five common options offered by travel insurance companies to help you have a worry-free holiday.
- One-time trip coverage. This is offered for a single trip and covers situations such as medical issues, cancellations or delays, as well as personal belongings such as baggage.
- Extended-trip coverage. Typically this is offered as an annual premium to cover an extended period of travelling, or to cover those who travel frequently with very little notice.
- Natural disaster coverage. This coverage comes standard with some plans and companies, but with others there may be an extra cost. Shop around to find what works for you.
- Direct car excess insurance helps you out in the event your rental automobile is stolen or damaged. Vehicle rental places may have some travel insurance, but you may still be required to pay a sizable excess. This type of insurance may be able to pay that excess for you.
- Backpacking insurance. This is made specifically for those who are on backpacking trips. These plans may have some unique features. Some may allow you flexibility to continue your coverage on a month-to-month basis, and coverage for natural disasters while travelling.
Compare different companies to find out what is typically standard, and if there are extras you can request which may be helpful.