6 steps to making your summer holiday a safe one
Don’t forget travel insurance when you plan your summer holiday.
11:44 18 May 2013
While it looks as though the price of ice cream novelties is increasing, the reality is that people are still paying money for the cooling treat. It’s normal to associate ice cream with warmth, summer, and good times.
Thinking of summer also leads one to thinking about the next holiday destination and obtaining travel insurance. Here are a few things to consider when planning your next summer holiday:
- Location—depending upon the location you’ll be visiting, your travel insurance may cost a little bit more. Certain places, such as those with sporadic volcanic activity may need special additions to your insurance package.
- Mode of transportation—cruises require different types of travel insurance than flights, or walking holidays. Decide what your holiday will entail and alert your insurance company to find out the proper pricing.
- Duration—the length, whether exact or estimated, is important for getting an accurate travel insurance quote. If you travel frequently throughout the year you may just want to get an annual premium.
- Activities—if you already know that you are going to be parasailing, bungee jumping, or doing some other slightly unusual activity it is best to inform the insurance company since additional insurance may be necessary to cover the risks.
- Pets—if you’re taking pets along, your travel insurance company may not cover the risks associated with pets so you may need separate pet insurance as well.
- Compare—there are many different agencies that can offer travel insurance but take time to compare different types of cover so you have everything you could possibly need. Your employer may even offer travel insurance so check with them before making other plans.
This summer could be filled with sweet ice cream treats, warm sunny beaches, and adrenaline-inducing sports. Just make sure to get the best deal out of your travel insurance so you can have a worry-free holiday.