7 Iconic Choices To Explore The Beauty Of UK
Find out excellent places to visit without travelling halfway around the world.
15:28 10 March 2013
If funds are tight, but you still would like to go on a holiday this year, think of exploring right at “home”. You can even perhaps opt for a theme and visit the different areas within the context of your traveltheme.
You could view a variety of historical spots or visit as many castles as you are able to travel to. Here are a few noteworthy travel locations outside of the traditional “Big Ben” and “London Bridge” answers.
- The Royal Pavilion located in Brighton is a unique structure incorporating both Indian and Chinese influences externally as well as internally. This is a beautiful sight and will make for some exciting photographs of your trip.
- If you are a fan of Shakespeare, you may decide to visit his home on Stratford on Avon. Multiple sites of import from Shakespeare’s life can be visited including the very room where he was born as well as the Royal Shakespeare Theatre.
- If you are looking for a bit of adventure and wilderness, Scotland provides beautiful lands to traverse, as well as more cosmopolitan areas such as Glasgow for great variety.
- Snowdonia National Park in Wales contains gorgeous mountains, a railway, copper mines, and Swallow Falls among other attractions.
- On the Cambrian Coast visit the Centre for Alternative Technology to see impressive displays on different eco-friendly energy methods using wind, water, and sun. This is a great place to bring the entire family as there is plenty to occupy children as well.
- There are a number of castles throughout the United Kingdom including the Caernarfon, Penrhyn, and Conwy Castles in Wales.
- If you are a nature lover, be sure to visit the 80-acre Bodnant Garden with its diverse plant life from around the world.