13:29 19 January 2013
Here are 7 tips to help you on your way…Check out this week’s 7 Job Hunting tips 2013…
1. Update your CV: Keep your CV fresh and up-to-date as this will make it easier when you want to apply for a job. Perhaps a job opportunity will come from nowhere so if you have a CV template ready, you can simply edit it and send it off without any worries that you’ll miss the deadline for applications.
2. Research potential jobs: Don’t just rely on your local job centre to do the hard work for you, look at newspaper job advertisements, check on the internet, sign up to recruitment agencies, ask friends/family/past and present work colleagues if they know of any job vacancies.
Regular job hunting will improve your chances of getting work.
3. Consider different job opportunities in 2013: Be open-minded when it comes to finding a new career. Maybe you know what line of work you want to pursue, but sometimes our ideal job isn’t always out there when we want it to be.
It would be wise in the current job climate to think about different job avenues – you might end up working in a job you wouldn’t usually consider and be very happy until you retire!
4. Ensure you meet the requirements: One good job hunting tip is that you should give yourself every advantage possible. If a company wants an individual who capable of X, Y and Z and you are qualified to fulfil this, be sure to tell them.
This will improve your chances of being short-listed for a job.
5. Don’t give up! The higher you set you set your standards, the better the result is likely to be. If you try hard at hunting for a job in 2013, you’re more likely to get one than if you sit back and wait for a job to come to you.
6. White lies: We all bend the truth a little when it comes to writing a CV. A good job hunting tip for 2013 is that you could make yourself appealable to potential employers by referring to your annual salary. Don’t put yourself down by downgrading your pay!
7. Improve your interview technique: Be confident. If you’ve managed to be short-listed for an interview then you’re doing a good job already. Try to be relaxed, friendly, and interact well.
Good luck with Job Hunting in 2013!
Disclaimer: Supanet is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to this website
x Share us on Facebook