10:30 23 January 2013
Aside from plate tickets, visa, camera, and other travel-related stuff, the one thing that you cannot leave without when travelling abroad is travel insurance. Although you would want your holiday to be as problem-free as possible, some things can sometimes be out of hand. The last thing that you would like to happen is find yourself in huge debt because you needed medical assistance abroad, right?
Here’s how you can save on travel insurance:
1. Check with your credit card company. Before you call travel insurance companies, check with your credit card company first to know what type of perks they offer. Most offer travel medical protection and cover flight delay, trip cancellation/interruption, and baggage lost.
2. Check your home insurance coverage. Check your home insurance policy as well. You may not need to pay extra to cover some of your expensive belongings while travelling abroad.
3. Liability via home insurance. Purchasing travel insurance, which includes third party liability, can be expensive. So, check if your home insurance policy offers this type of protection.
4. Group/family insurance. Save a lot of money by getting a group or family insurance instead of getting each one for all your travel companions.
5. Multi-trip travel insurance. If you’re travelling often, you’ll be able to save if you buy multi-trip travel insurance, which is usually valid for one year instead of taking out single-trip travel insurance each time you go.
6. Shop around and compare. Doing your research and comparing not just prices but coverage is highly recommended. Go to travel insurance comparison site, fill out forms to indicate the kind of insurance you’re looking for, and get the list of insurance policies available to you.
7. Burglary insurance. Several credit card companies offer protection should your belongings disappear in your hotel or motel while you’re abroad.
Disclaimer: Supanet is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to this website
x Share us on Facebook