Crazy treatmentsFlesh eating fish pedicures and more.
How to achieve make-up perfection in 10 easy steps.
08:38 17 July 2009
Every woman needs to let her hair down once in a while, so why not do it in style by taking yourself back to the decadent days of Moulin Rouge? It's time to release your inhibitions and embrace the cheeky flamboyance of classic burlesque style!
The burlesque look is about being a lady, albeit a lady with a naughty side. So stand up straight, wiggle your hips as you walk and don't be afraid to try something new and stand out from the crowd.
Immaculate hair, smoky eyes and killer lashes are the main principles of achieving the perfect burlesque face, and expertly applied red lipstick to complete the look.
Here are the tricks of the trade to applying flawless makeup, so you look the belle of the ball rather than an impersonator of the Joker:
- Apply a good quality foundation all over the neck, not forgetting the neck line and lips. Remember to keep the colour as close to your natural skin tone as possible.
- Use eyeshadow base to give a smooth canvas to build on. Apply lightly to your entire eye up to the brow bone using ring finger, so you don't pull the skin taut.
- Highlight the brow bone with a frosty white eyeshadow, blending it towards the crease of your eyelid.
- Take a smoky-coloured eyeshadow and gently pad in onto the eyelid, up to the crease. Fill in right down to the lashline to avoid a gap.
- Using a darker colour, gently darken the outer corner into the top of the crease. Blend into the lid to soften the lines.
- Take a liner brush and apply a dark, sparkly eyeshadow along your lower lash line (only colour up to a quarter of the way from the outer corner). To keep you hand steady, rest your little finger on your cheek.
- Tip your head back and apply generous amounts of your favourite volumising mascara, coating them evenly from roots to tips. Leave to dry and then be bold - add a little extra coat or two additional coats for extra volume and va va voom!
- Using a freshly sharpened lip liner, in a slightly darker shade to your lipstick, follow the shape of your lips, applying just outside of your natural lip line for a crisp, defined line.
- Invest in the best lip brush you can afford to achieve flawless lines, gradually building up the colour. Never apply lipstick straight from the holder.
- Once applied, use a colourless sealing product, such as Lipcote, to keep it all in place. Let it set for a few seconds. Then you can drink and kiss the night away without worrying about smudges. For extra drama apply glitter before the sealer.
Flesh eating fish
pedicures and more.
That's it - you're ready to party the night away!
Try out the look next time you go for a night on the tiles, or to add to inject some sparkle in the bedroom. Accompany with sexy stiletto heels, stockings and suspenders, and if you're feeling daring
some nipple tassels your partner will love you for it!