05:02 21 August 2010
This kids’ recipe is a great way of providing them with everyday nutrients in their lunchbox.
1 hour and 20 minutes to prepare and cook. Serves between 5 and 7.
See “Off the Shelf” for more recipes devised with James Martin
100g self-raising flour
100g wholemeal self-raising flour
75g caster sugar
2.5ml (1/2 level teaspoon) mixed spice
|300g can carrots, drained and grated
227g can pineapple rings, drained and finely chopped
5ml (1 teaspoon) orange zest
1 large egg, beaten
1. Heat the oven 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Grease a 26x17cm baking tin. Rub 100g butter into 100g self-raising flour, 100g wholemeal self-raising flour, 75g caster sugar and 2.5ml (1/2 level teaspoon) mixed spice.
2. Add 1 x 300g can carrots (drained and grated) and 1 x 227g can pineapple rings (drained and finely chopped). Add 5ml (1 teaspoon) orange zest.
3. Make a ‘well’ in the centre of the mixture and add 1 large egg (beaten). Mix to a soft consistency.
4. Spoon the mixture into the tin and smooth it level.
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes until well risen, golden brown and firm to touch.
6. Allow to cool and cut into 12 squares.
Fat: 9 g
Protein: 10 g
Carbs: 63 g
This recipe and image is copyrighted to Canned Food UK.
Disclaimer: Supanet is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to this website
x Share us on Facebook