11:58 18 June 2013
The Duke of Edinburgh is now out of hospital following his exploratory abdominal surgery. Prince Philip left the London Clinic on Monday, 17th June, after being admitted there on Thursday, 6th June, 2013.
It is understood the exploratory abdominal surgery was planned and was not an emergency, as previously stated by Buckingham Palace.
The Duke left hospital and was seen walking to a vehicle. It is believed he will reside at Windsor Castle.
The Palace previously said that the Duke was “expected to stay in hospital for up to two weeks” – which was around the duration of his hospital stay.
While in hospital, the Duke celebrated his 92nd birthday on Monday, 10th June. His time spent there meant that the Duke had to cancel plans to attend a number of events.
A spokesperson for the Palace said: “The Duke is in good condition and good spirits. He'll take a period of convalescence, of approximately two months.
“The Duke has expressed his thanks and appreciation to medical staff at the London Clinic and the many members of the public who have sent good wishes."
Prince Philip was able to be present at the service for the Queen’s 60th anniversary of her coronation.
Disclaimer: Supanet is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to this website
x Share us on Facebook