Financial trouble can cause extreme anxiety
Follow these basic suggestions to keep yourself out of financial trouble.
08:35 04 June 2013
Missing person Georgia Williams is said to have complained via social media about having trouble sleeping, and feeling anxious right before her disappearance, though police are still working to uncover the significance of the statement and whether or not it could hint at her present location.
There are many things in life which can make us feel overwhelmed and anxious.
New jobs, new babies, break-ups, and even getting into financial trouble can cause us to feel anxious. Try and avoid financial trouble whenever possible; here are a few ways todo this:
- Limit spending-in the present day of easily obtained credit cards and payday loans, it is all too easy to rack up large amounts of debt which quickly snowball out of control and beyond the limits of your finances. Combat financial trouble by setting specific spending amounts for the month and then stick to your plan.
- Save-while the present might be causing some anxiety, it is important to still try and save money, and to adjust finances in such a way that will allow you to deposit at least small amounts every month, or every quarter.
- Consolidate-if you have multiple loans or credit cards, try using balance transfer options or a loan with the express purpose of consolidating debt. The sooner you can consolidate at a better rate, the sooner you’ll be out of your financial trouble.
- Spending-one of the best ways to avoid financial trouble is by leaving money at home when going shopping with friends, or holding yourself to a rule of waiting for a few days before committing to any kind of purchase, especially when already on a tight budget.
- Extra money-extra money can be used to help reduce debt. If things are very tight in the budget, find the bills which will free up the most money in the shortest amount of time. This can help you avoid financial trouble in the future and reduce any current trouble as well.