Quotes by Ann Richards
- I have always had the feeling I could do anything and my dad told me I could. I was in college before I found out he might be wrong.
- I just feel like I'm a very lucky person to have a new life outside of politics.
- I travel all over the country making speeches for people I believe in.
- I work very hard on my health, and I think about it, of course, like I've never thought before.
- I've always said that in politics, your enemies can't hurt you, but your friends will kill you.
- Jesse Jackson is a leader and a teacher who can open our hearts and open our minds and stir our very souls.
- Let me tell you, sisters, seeing dried egg on a plate in the morning is a lot dirtier than anything I've had to deal with in politics.
- Teaching was the hardest work I had ever done, and it remains the hardest work I have done to date.
- Weight-bearing exercise builds bone density, builds your muscular strength so that you can hold your body up where those bones have a tendency to get weak.
- Well, you know my number one cause has always been that women's reproductive health needs to be protected.
- Well, you know, too much democracy is a sort of sad thing.