Quotes by Anthony Hopkins
- I came here in 1974 to do a play, and then I went to L.A. I really like living in America. I feel more at home here than anywhere else.
- I have no interest in Shakespeare and all that British nonsense... I just wanted to get famous and all the rest is hogwash.
- I love life because what more is there?
- I'm married. My wife, Stella - a beautiful woman. She's brought a lot of peace to my life, a lot of wisdom.
- I'm one of the slowest drivers on the road. I mosey along. If you're doing anything too fast, including living life too fast, that creates sudden death. If I have to be somewhere on time, I make sure I leave early enough.
- I've been composing music all my life and if I'd been clever enough at school I would like to have gone to music college.
- I've got a great sense of humor.
- In the theatre, people talk. Talk, talk until the cows come home about journeys of discovery and about what Hazlitt thought of a line of Shakespeare. I can't stand it.
- My father was grounded, a very meat-and-potatoes man. He was a baker.
- My life turned out to be beyond my greatest dreams.
- My philosophy is: It's none of my business what people say of me and think of me.
- We all dream. We dream vividly, depending on our nature. Our existence is beyond our explanation, whether we believe in God or we have religion or we're atheist.
- We are dying from overthinking. We are slowly killing ourselves by thinking about everything. Think. Think. Think. You can never trust the human mind anyway. It's a death trap.
- Well, everyone likes movies when they're a little kid.
- Why love if losing hurts so much? I have no answers anymore only the life I have lived. The pain now is part of the happiness then.