Quotes by Bill Owens
- Actions, not words, are the ultimate results of leadership.
- All the faith and good will in the world is wasted without direction.
- Americans no longer look to government for economic security rather, they look to their portfolios.
- As a governor, I am naturally inclined to focus on the domestic side of protecting the United States.
- Families are the tie that reminds us of yesterday, provide strength and support today, and give us hope for tomorrow. No government, no matter how well-intentioned, or well-managed, can provide what our families provide.
- Freedom is contagious. That's why despots fear it so much.
- In this new century, our commitment to family and to faith, to community and opportunity, to freedom and to hope, will be the light that shines to lead us forward.
- Leadership is an active role 'lead' is a verb. But the leader who tries to do it all is headed for burnout, and in a powerful hurry.
- Leadership offers an opportunity to make a difference in someone's life, no matter what the project.
- True leadership lies in guiding others to success. In ensuring that everyone is performing at their best, doing the work they are pledged to do and doing it well.
- We know that, when it comes to technology and the economy, if you're not constantly moving forward, then - without a doubt - you're moving backwards.