Quotes by Billy Sunday
- A revival does two things. First, it returns the Church from her backsliding and second, it causes the conversion of men and women and it always includes the conviction of sin on the part of the Church. What a spell the devil seems to cast over the Church today!
- After all is said that can be said upon the liquor traffic, its influence is degrading upon the individual, the family, politics and business, and upon everything that you touch in this old world.
- God Almighty never intended that the devil should triumph over the Church. He never intended that the saloons should walk rough-shod over Christianity.
- Home is the place we love best and grumble the most.
- Hypocrites in the Church? Yes, and in the lodge and at the home. Don't hunt through the Church for a hypocrite. Go home and look in the mirror. Hypocrites? Yes. See that you make the number one less.
- I believe the Bible is the word of God from cover to cover.
- I challenge you to show me where the saloon has ever helped business, education, church, morals or anything we hold dear.
- I have been, and will go on, fighting that damnable, dirty, rotten business with all the power at my command.
- If there is no hell, a good many preachers are obtaining money under false pretenses.
- If you don't do your part, don't blame God.
- Religion needs a baptism of horse sense.
- The fellow that has no money is poor. The fellow that has nothing but money is poorer still.
- The trouble with many men is that they have got just enough religion to make them miserable. If there is not joy in religion, you have got a leak in your religion.
- There is nothing in the world of art like the songs mother used to sing.
- You can't raise the standard of women's morals by raising their pay envelope. It lies deeper than that.