Quotes by Carre Otis
- From the time I started school, it was clear to everyone that I wasn't learning at the same pace as other kids.
- I am not naturally that thin, so I had to go through everything from using drugs to diet pills to laxatives to fasting. Those were my main ways of controlling my weight.
- I believe that as women, we must commit ourselves to sustaining the progress made by our foremothers who fought so hard for women's equality and liberation.
- I delight in my family obligations, but they leave little time for breaks let alone quick trips across the country.
- I was born in 1968, just eighteen months after my sister Chrisse and just one year after Dad passed the bar exam.
- I'm proud that today, at 43 years old, I've come to value the aging process and focus on inner rather than outer beauty.
- Life is full of change and uncertainty. We know this. We experience it on a daily basis.
- My daughters, your daughters, our daughters deserve safety, protection, and the freedom to make their own choices about their personal lives and their physical selves.
- Part of treatment for drugs and alcohol is you abstain from these, but with eating disorders you can't abstain from food so the treatment is longer than drugs and alcohol.
- The doctor asked what my diet was like and I had to sit down and realize it's not normal, and hadn't been normal for about 20 years.
- We come in many different shapes and sizes, and we need to support each other and our differences. Our beauty is in our differences.
- You have to find a balance with food in your life - you can't take out food. It can be absolutely terrifying.