Quotes by Cate Blanchett
- Actresses can get outrageously precious about the way they look. That's not what life's about. If you starve yourself to the point where your brain cells shrivel, you will never do good work. And if you're overly conscious of your arms flapping in the wind, how can you look the other actor in the eye to respond to them?
- All cities do face similar, significant trends in the future... most importantly global warming and climate change.
- I discovered early on that some performers live their life in order to act, so all their relationships are simply an experience that they can feed back into their work. Which I find vampiric.
- I don't understand a way to work other than bold-facedly running towards failure.
- I had never done anything with blue screen before, or prosthetics, or anything like that. Lord of the Rings was like stepping into a videogame for me. It was another world completely. But, to be honest, I basically did it so that I could have the ears. I thought they would really work with my bare head.Working with Martin Scorsese was an absolute minute-by-minute education without him ever being grandiose about it.
- I've an enormous respect for my mother who at the age of 39 raised three children, and I grew up with my grandmother in the household. And so it was a really strong household of women - my poor brother! It was great growing up with so many generations of women.
- If I had my way, if I was lucky enough, if I could be on the brink my entire life - that great sense of expectation and excitement without the disappointment - that would be the perfect state.
- If you age with somebody, you go through so many roles - you're lovers, friends, enemies, colleagues, strangers you're brother and sister. That's what intimacy is, if you're with your soulmate.
- It's important to travel and move and have a continual set of experiences so you've got more to feed back into your work. For me, it's a natural thing.
- It's not the normal way to look at things but I experienced death at a really young age and because of that it's been part of my mental landscape that death is really very possible.
- Marriage is a risk I think it's a great and glorious risk, as long as you embark on the adventure in the same spirit.
- My everyday beauty routine is always rushed and pretty simple.
- Planning cities is a necessary but risky business.
- There is not a lot of separation between work and home life.
- Well, I've never looked upon myself as being a beauty, per se.