Quotes by Cesare Pavese
- A man is never completely alone in this world. At the worst, he has the company of a boy, a youth, and by and by a grown man - the one he used to be.
- He knows not his own strength that hath not met adversity.
- If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light. Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness and fears.
- It is not that the child lives in a world of imagination, but that the child within us survives and starts into life only at rare moments of recollection, which makes us believe, and it is not true, that, as children, we were imaginative?
- No woman marries for money they are all clever enough, before marrying a millionaire, to fall in love with him first.
- The art of living is the art of knowing how to believe lies.
- Will power is only the tensile strength of one's own disposition. One cannot increase it by a single ounce.