Quotes by Charles Kingsley
- A blessed thing it is for any man or woman to have a friend, one human soul whom we can trust utterly, who knows the best and worst of us, and who loves us in spite of all our faults.
- Being forced to work, and forced to do your best, will breed in you temperance and self-control, diligence and strength of will, cheerfulness and content, and a hundred virtues which the idle will never know.
- Have thy tools ready. God will find thee work.
- He was one of those men who possess almost every gift, except the gift of the power to use them.
- It is only the great hearted who can be true friends. The mean and cowardly, Can never know what true friendship means.
- Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God's handwriting.
- Some say that the age of chivalry is past, that the spirit of romance is dead. The age of chivalry is never past, so long as there is a wrong left unredressed on earth.
- There are two freedoms - the false, where a man is free to do what he likes the true, where he is free to do what he ought.
- There is a great deal of human nature in man.