Quotes by Charles R Swindoll
- A family is a place where principles are hammered and honed on the anvil of everyday living.
- Attitude is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than what people do or say. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill.
- Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children.
- I am often the brunt of my own humor.
- I cannot even imagine where I would be today were it not for that handful of friends who have given me a heart full of joy. Let's face it, friends make life a lot more fun.
- It is easy for Christians to have the false impression that once we have established a relationship with Christ, which we believe sets us right with God, the problems of life will somehow scoot away or they will slowly be removed from our lives.
- Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.
- The remarkable thing is, we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day.
- There is nothing more fearful for the average person in our society than to stand before a group of people and speak.
- We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.
- We cannot change our past. We can not change the fact that people act in a certain way. We can not change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude.
- When you have vision it affects your attitude. Your attitude is optimistic rather than pessimistic.
- Words can never adequately convey the incredible impact of our attitudes toward life. The longer I live the more convinced I become that life is 10 percent what happens to us and 90 percent how we respond to it.