Quotes by Christy Turlington
- A lot of people have questioned how yoga and their own spiritual beliefs can come together. Yoga actually pre-dates religion.
- Ayurveda is a sister philosophy to yoga. It is the science of life or longevity and it teaches about the power and the cycles of nature, as well as the elements.
- I don't think that artists of any kind would or could sacrifice their artistic freedom by being more responsible with their influence on people, especially young people.
- I sincerely feel that beauty largely comes from within.
- I tried acupuncture, the patch, and hypnosis, but found that I needed to do it alone - when the time was right for me.
- It is education that will arm us with the tools that will enable us to succeed and put a stop to the rising rates of preventable death.
- It is possible to experience an awakening in this life through realising just how precious each moment, each mental process, and each breath truly is.
- Most of us harbour a significant amount of subconscious fear about death, and act out of this fear in our daily lives.
- Parents should not smoke in order to discourage their kids from smoking. A child is more likely to smoke when they have been raised in the environment of a smoker.
- People always think that if you eat anything as a model, it's amazing. I used to tease them and say, you know I'm going to throw up afterwards.
- Sacred spaces can be created in any environment.
- So much of religion is exegesis. I would rather follow in the footprints of Christ than all of the dogma.
- The seated lotus postures are an amazing way to go into meditation, or simply just to take a moment to ground oneself.
- When you are balanced and when you listen and attend to the needs of your body, mind, and spirit, your natural beauty comes out.
- Yoga is not a religion to me.