Quotes by Cliff Stearns
- Canada is currently the only major industrialized country in the world that does not allow any private administration of health care services that are provided by the public system.
- I continue to meet people who have had their Web pages hijacked, their browsers corrupted, in some cases, their children exposed to inappropriate material from these dangerous programs hidden in their family computers.
- I think the American people, understandably, have sort of lost faith in the United Nations.
- Markets rebounded quickly from morning jitters after the London Thursday terrorist bombing.
- Mr. Speaker, the fact of the matter is that the Ten Commandments are a historical document that contains moral, ethical, and legal truisms that any person of any religion or even an atheist can recognize and appreciate.
- Perhaps these Ten Commandments cases will be the turning point in the legal war against religion.
- The irony of the Supreme Court hearing on these cases last week and of the outright hostility that the Court has displayed against religion in recent years is that above the head of the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court is a concrete display of the Ten Commandments.
- The Spy Act strikes a right balance between preserving legitimate and benign uses of this technology, while still, at the same time, protecting unwitting consumers from the harm caused when it is misused and, of course, designed for nefarious purposes.