Quotes by Clive Owen
- A huge part of acting in movies is appetite. You do your best work when you've got a lot of appetite and you really want to embrace something. When you get tired, you don't have that hunger.
- For me, London is and always will be home.
- I couldn't bear a marriage in which one partner hinges on the other.
- I go off and make movies I come home, and I'm a dad and I hang with my girls.
- I think that Phil Kaufman is one of the best directors that I have come across.
- I want to be in movies that stand the test of time.
- I'd like to do a film which is funny.
- I'm the git in the family.
- If you explode onto the scene at a very young age, there are so many people pulling you in different directions. It takes time to recalibrate and see what's important.
- My wife needs her freedom just like me.
- Obviously, I'm attracted to heavier movies.
- Outside of being home with my family, I prefer a crowd.
- Parenthood and family come first for me, and when I'm not working I'm cool with the Teletubbies.
- The financial implode is bound to be reflected in the movies that are being made, there's no question.
- The thing about Hemingway that people forget is that all the stuff he did was at a time where people weren't traveling that much. At 19 he travels to Italy. He goes to the Spanish Civil War. He goes to China, he goes to Africa so at that time to travel that much is really incredible.
- Ultimately, to have a career in movies, to a certain extent, certainly in England, you can't sustain a career in just English movies.
- Very often when you see families it's all perfect and neat, and parenting isn't like that. You do have constant negotiations. Things are ever developing and ever changing, and you constantly have to evaluate how you deal with your kids.
- You go back to those films of the '40s and '50s and hear the dialogue, the way the people played off each other - the wordplay. I think we've really lost that in movies.