Quotes by Dave Matthews
- A friend is always good to have, but a lover's kiss is better than angels raining down on me.
- But then there are magical, beautiful things in the world. There's incredible acts of kindness and bravery, and in the most unlikely places, and it gives you hope.
- Good music is good music, and everything else can go to hell.
- I don't think socialism, and I don't think warmness and respect are necessarily bad words.
- I fear that our true motivation is about oil and our own flailing economy about the failure to destroy Al Qaeda and about revenge.
- I hope that just what I sing about and how I relate to my audience is as much of a political statement as I need to make.
- I use God in my songs a lot but I don't have a relationship. I don't know what that means.
- It's a melting pot, southern Africa. You find these cultural collisions that result in art and music, and it's pretty amazing.
- Success turns a lot of people off. I have a pretty solid sense of joy and respect that irritates people, and can irritate me, too.
- Take what you can from your dreams, make them as real as anything.
- There's a freedom to being young that is harder to come by as time goes on.
- We have to be active about kindness and about peace. I've always fantasized that it would be great if there was a Department of Peace.
- Well, I've been in a few car wrecks.