Quotes by Elayne Boosler
- Ever notice that Soup for One is eight aisles away from Party Mix?
- I am thankful I was born in America, although if I gain any more weight the burqa thing may start to seem like a good idea to me. See? Another plus about America, you can always find some food.
- I am thankful that geniuses and artists and good people, no matter how hard it is, will eventually be recognized. I am doubly thankful that also goes for idiots.
- I am thankful the most important key in history was invented. It's not the key to your house, your car, your boat, your safety deposit box, your bike lock or your private community. It's the key to order, sanity, and peace of mind. The key is 'Delete.'
- I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three.
- I know what men want. Men want to be really, really close to someone who will leave them alone.
- I've never been married, but I tell people I'm divorced so they won't think something's wrong with me.
- I've thought for the last decade or so, the only actual place raw truth was seeping through in newspapers was on the Comics Pages. They were able to pull off intelligent social comment, pure truths not found elsewhere in the news pages, and had the ability to make it all funny, entertaining, and pertinent.
- Stand-up is like a movie every night. You write it, direct it, produce it, the audience votes, and you go home. There's nothing more satisfying.
- The Vatican is against surrogate mothers. Good thing they didn't have that rule when Jesus was born.
- When the sun comes up, I have morals again.
- When women are depressed, they eat or go shopping. Men invade another country. It's a whole different way of thinking.
- Wouldn't it be great if you could only get AIDS by giving money to television preachers?