Quotes by Ellen Pompeo
- Brains don't really smell, but what's amazing about the brain is that it's almost like scrambled eggs or soft tofu, almost like a gel. The brain controls so much of what we do, but you could put your finger right through it.
- Happiness is not that easy to achieve, but having a handsome husband, a beautiful baby, and a great job helps.
- I didn't have a boyfriend until I was 16, and he was eight years older. My father was furious about this 24-year-old, and I had to hide the relationship.
- I don't find acting to be a particularly noble way to make a living. I'm not saving anybody's life, I'm not a teacher, I'm not working for UNICEF. I don't think I'm some big deal.
- I was never a person who was introduced to junk food.
- Learning about the way people process information and their emotions is hugely helpful to my work.
- My daily schedule is quite hectic, but I have to put my health first in order to be the best mom and wife I can be.
- There's a remarkable amount of sexism on TV. When male characters are flawed, they're interesting, deep and complex. But when female characters are flawed, they're just a mess. It's good to put more flawed but interesting female characters out there because it promotes equality.
- We're teaching young girls that this is what they should be focusing on: rich and famous girls who are rich and famous for nothing.