Quotes by Emily Blunt
- I appreciate a slow-burn romance. In most movies, everyone is just tearing their clothes off in the first scene.
- I find it quite hard to sum up my relationship in a sound bite. I feel that it trivializes it for other people's pleasure. It's an adventure.
- I had a non-existent knowledge of Queen Victoria's early years. Like everyone else, I thought of her as an old lady dressed in black. My mom had told me about her, though, that she had a very loving relationship with Albert, that they had lots of kids, and that he died young.
- I had to learn to dance for 'The Adjustment Bureau' and it was nearly impossible. I turned up with my knees knocking in my leotard and went home and cried my eyes out.
- I used to look like a deer in headlights on the red carpet. You step out of the car and it's bedlam. Everyone's got crazy eyes.
- I'm on a health kick! I'm drawn to cheeseburgers, so I've got to just try and keep it on an even keel.
- It just proves good movies don't need 100 million dollars to be good.
- It's always a little mind-boggling to realize that these famous actors know who I am.
- Marriage is something that needs to be worked on every day. I don't know if I'm the one to give marital advice since I've only been married for a little over a year, but marriage is certainly easier if you are open, trusting and loving.
- People quit on jobs. They quit on marriages. They quit on school. There's an immediacy of this day and age that doesn't lend itself to being committed to anything.
- Personally, I'm an advocate for short engagements. Long sometimes means there is a reason for it. Two years engaged and no wedding... I'd be upset.
- Watch the History Channel if you want it literal and historically perfect.
- When you're in love, you're so happy that you want to tell people about it. But now I have to censor myself. You need to protect the happiness you have.
- Why should you have to atone for making big movies?
- With Ricky Gervais, it's all shades of wrong, it's my kind of humor.