Quotes by Evan Bayh
- Across the country military families are facing dire financial circumstances due to longer than expected tours of duties. They are being penalized for their patriotism - no one should have to choose between doing right by their country and doing right by their families.
- Challenges of historic import threaten America's future. Action on the deficit, economy, energy, health care and much more is imperative, yet our legislative institutions fail to act. Congress must be reformed.
- I'm pleased to offer analysis of public policy and politics to the millions of Americans who get their news from Fox.
- If I could create one job in the private sector by helping to grow a business, that would be one more than Congress has created in the last six months.
- If one of my boys was asking me if they should go into politics, I'd say there's only one reason to go into public life and that's to help people.
- Mothers - especially single mothers - are heroic in their efforts to raise our nation's children, but men must also take responsibility for their children and recognize the impact they have on their families' well-being.
- My first meeting as a senator, my first day, they were already talking about the next election. Part of that's the permanent campaign, part of that's a word I've been using more frequently, 'tribal.' Our politics has become tribal: It's us versus them.