Quotes by Evelyn Glennie
- And as I grew older, I then auditioned for the Royal Academy of Music in London, and they said, well, no, we won't accept you, because we haven't a clue - you know - of the future of a so-called 'deaf' musician. And I just couldn't quite accept that.
- Before my teen years, I was losing my hearing pretty quickly, and I was getting very, very angry. I was beginning to become an angry person because of that.
- I associate going to an airport with work because I travel so much with my job. So when I have a few days free from work, I tend to stay at home.
- I hope the seeds I have sown will be taken up by those who will follow me because the journey I have begun cannot be undertaken in isolation.
- I walk into a kids' store, and it's amazing, the types of instruments - little squeaky things, rattling things, spinning tops.
- Marimba is much more of a wood-type experience and there is no real possibility of getting a dry sound, and getting that contrast in the same way that you can in a vibraphone.
- Music is about communication... it isn't just something that maybe physically sounds good or orally sounds interesting it's something far, far deeper than that.
- Once you're in a particular country, and you're surrounded by musicians who are so adept at traditional music, you suddenly realize how much there is to explore and digest and learn and experience.
- Society cannot continue to disable themselves through their need to categorize people or make assumptions as to another individual's abilities.
- The human body and mind are tremendous forces that are continually amazing scientists and society. Therefore, we have no choice but to keep an open mind as to what the human being can achieve.