Quotes by Fiona Apple
- Because for whatever reason, even though I want to stay home all the time and be left alone, I want to tell the world who I am now.
- But I honestly don't read critics. My dad reads absolutely everything ever written about me. He calls me up to read ecstatic reviews, but I always insist that I can't hear them. If you give value to the good reviews, you have to give value to the criticism.
- For me, the best times are always going to be the most intense, the ones with the highest highs and the lowest lows.
- Hearing my songs in public freaks me out a bit. There was one restaurant I really liked in L.A., but I had to stop going there when they started playing my music. It felt kinda awkward.
- I don't know if anybody wants to mix their politics with their entertainment.
- I got a lot of problems, but I'm really good at intuiting what I need to do to be happy with whatever I create. I know when to stop myself, I know when to start, I know when to leave something alone. I guess I just kind of indulge that completely, and so I just take my time.
- I got all my work done to graduate in two months and then they were like, I'm sorry, you have to take driver's ed. I just kind of went, Oh, forget it.
- If I respect myself and believe in what I'm doing, no one can touch me.
- No, I've never wanted kids. But I do read about parenting a lot.
- Nothing that you do will ever feel good if you let people convince you that you have no choice.
- The age thing really bugs me. Do people have more of a right to not like what I say because I'm 19?
- The quick success was a bit strange to get used to.
- The way I feel about music is that there is no right and wrong. Only true and false.
- There aren't many poster children for cool angst. Everybody thinks it's cool if you're the bad girl.
- When you're surrounded by all these people, it can be even lonelier than when you're by yourself. You can be in a huge crowd, but if you don't feel like you can trust anybody or talk to anybody, you feel like you're really alone.
- You can live your whole life in your brain and not experience what's around you. You go crazy that way.
- You know, I've always thought that it would be really funny if somebody made a romantic comedy where absolutely everything went well from beginning to end.