Quotes by George A Smith
- God is stronger than their strength, more loving than their uttermost love, and in so far as they have loved and sacrificed themselves for others, they have obtained the infallible proof, that God too lives and loves and gives Himself away.
- Happiness, contentment, the health and growth of the soul, depend, as men have proved over and over again, upon some simple issue, some single turning of the soul.
- Let those who, still in their youth, have preserved their faith and fullness of hope, keep looking up.
- Our enemies are our evil deeds and their memories, our pride, our selfishness, our malice, our passions, which by conscience or by habit pursue us with a relentlessness past the power of figure to express.
- Power and position often make a man trifle with the truth.
- We must seek the loving-kindness of God in all the breadth and open-air of common life.