Quotes by George Carey
- And I hope America will realise, as the only superpower now, it really must use its power in a way that's going to build up the world, and to support the United Nations.
- If someone talks about union, fidelity, a monogamous relationship, love, blessing I would say it sounds like marriage to me. And blessing, you see, I think is undermining our sacrament of marriage.
- If there are Muslims who believe that they've got to kill Christians to make a way for the Islamic faith in the West, not only would they be disappointed, but it will lead to conflict, there's no doubt about that.
- We've got to trust the politicians with these decisions.
- What I'd say about that is that we must respect homosexuals in the church. I've got many homosexual friends, the issue is not in any way a homophobic reaction on my part.