Quotes by Harold S Geneen
- Every company has two organizational structures: The formal one is written on the charts the other is the everyday relationship of the men and women in the organization.
- I think it is an immutable law in business that words are words, explanations are explanations, promises are promises - but only performance is reality.
- In business, words are words explanations are explanations, promises are promises, but only performance is reality.
- In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins: cash and experience. Take the experience first the cash will come later.
- It is an immutable law in business that words are words, explanations are explanations, promises are promises-but only performance is reality.
- It is much more difficult to measure nonperformance than performance.
- It's better to take over and build upon an existing business than to start a new one.
- Leadership cannot really be taught. It can only be learned.
- Leadership is practiced not so much in words as in attitude and in actions.
- Management must manage!
- Managers in all too many American companies do not achieve the desired results because nobody makes them do it.
- The best way to inspire people to superior performance is to convince them by everything you do and by your everyday attitude that you are wholeheartedly supporting them.
- The five essential entrepreneurial skills for success: Concentration, Discrimination, Organization, Innovation and Communication.
- The worst disease which can afflict business executives in their work is not, as popularly supposed, alcoholism it's egotism.
- You can't run a business or anything else on a theory.
- You cannot run a business, or anything else, on a theory.