Quotes by Ina Garten
- I absolutely adore Thanksgiving. It's the only holiday I insist on making myself.
- I love Alton Brown's show 'Good Eats,' about the chemistry of food. It's really thoughtful.
- I try to greet my friends with a drink in my hand, a warm smile on my face, and great music in the background, because that's what gets a dinner party off to a fun start.
- I worked for the Office of Management and Budget in the White House, on nuclear energy policy. But I decided it would be much more fun to have a specialty food store, so I left Washington D.C. and moved to the Hamptons. And how glad I am that I did!
- If you think about a Thanksgiving dinner, it's really like making a large chicken.
- Instead of going out to dinner, buy good food. Cooking at home shows such affection. In a bad economy, it's more important to make yourself feel good.
- My extravagance is my garden - it's the first thing I look at every morning when I wake up. It gives me so much pleasure.
- The thing about all my food is that everything is a remembered flavor. Maybe it's something I had as a child or maybe it's something I had in Milan, but I want it to taste better than you ever thought.