Quotes by J Paul Getty
- Formula for success: rise early, work hard, strike oil.
- Going to work for a large company is like getting on a train. Are you going sixty miles an hour or is the train going sixty miles an hour and you're just sitting still?
- I buy when other people are selling.
- I hate to be a failure. I hate and regret the failure of my marriages. I would gladly give all my millions for just one lasting marital success.
- If you can actually count your money, then you're not a rich man.
- If you can count your money, you don't have a billion dollars.
- If you owe the bank $100 that's your problem. If you owe the bank $100 million, that's the bank's problem.
- In times of rapid change, experience could be your worst enemy.
- Money is like manure. You have to spread it around or it smells.
- No one can possibly achieve any real and lasting success or 'get rich' in business by being a conformist.
- The employer generally gets the employees he deserves.
- The man who comes up with a means for doing or producing almost anything better, faster or more economically has his future and his fortune at his fingertips.
- The meek shall inherit the Earth, but not its mineral rights.
- There are one hundred men seeking security to one able man who is willing to risk his fortune.
- To succeed in business, to reach the top, an individual must know all it is possible to know about that business.
- Without the element of uncertainty, the bringing off of even, the greatest business triumph would be dull, routine, and eminently unsatisfying.