Quotes by Jacqueline Bisset
- A Latin teacher told me I might make a good actress, and that stuck in my memory. I did some modeling, and Polanski gave me that small part.
- A mode of conduct, a standard of courage, discipline, fortitude and integrity can do a great deal to make a woman beautiful.
- At the time, 1980, people regarded actresses involved with production with a certain amount of fear, resentment and anger.
- Character contributes to beauty. It fortifies a woman as her youth fades. A mode of conduct, a standard of courage, discipline, fortitude, and integrity can do a great deal to make a woman beautiful.
- I am a great lover of art, in many forms: paintings, objets, textiles. I don't have the talent for painting, but I have a very good sense of colour, a love of visual beauty.
- I have watched people who have nothing to do with the film business, but who have become part of the circle for a short period of time. They can be truly devastated when the film wraps and people leave.
- I really feel that the talent I have is acting. Freedom and the possibility of play-that is what I like to have.
- I've probably understood men too well. I realise they are predatory by nature, and I have a certain acceptance of the male animal.
- Marriage has just never interested me.
- There's something about being with a group of people who become like family that must be needed in society.
- This film business, perhaps more so in America than in Europe, has always been about young sexuality. It's not true of theatre, but in America, film audiences are young. It's not an intellectual cinema in America.