Quotes by Janet Jackson
- Another side to me is this very sexual being. When I look back on my life, it's always been there. It's been there since I was 10 years old, having the imagination that I had.
- As a child, I had to get up early for school or work. I'd get ready by myself. I'd set my alarm to wake me up very early in the morning, and be off to work, the family driver driving me every morning. I did it alone, my parents never coming in to wake me up.
- By age seven, I used to comb my hair for performances, just pull my hair up into a bun. Granted, it wasn't a very intricate hairstyle. Still, to be that responsible and disciplined at age seven is unusual.
- Competition is great. And as long as it's friendly and not a malicious thing, then I think it's cool.
- Dreams can become a reality when we possess a vision that is characterized by the willingness to work hard, a desire for excellence, and a belief in our right and our responsiblity to be equal members of society.
- Food has always brought me comfort and the bingeing is triggered when I'm in a space that is not positive.
- I always get bored with my hair. That's why I would always change it throughout my career.
- I am the baby in the family, and I always will be. I am actually very happy to have that position. But I still get teased. I don't mind that.
- I had a pretty sexual imagination for a kid.
- I have a very strong family.
- I kinda see everyone as competition. I'm a very competitive person. But I think that's good. Competition is great. And as long as it's friendly and not a malicious thing, then I think it's cool.
- I really don't know anything else because my brothers were famous when I was two years old. So I know nothing else, no other life.
- I think it's been a little difficult at times for the audience, because they've told me they see me as a family member. So to see your little sister sing about sex... I think they are pretty used to it now.
- In complete darkness we are all the same, it is only our knowledge and wisdom that separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you.
- In complete darkness, it is only knowledge and wisdom that separates us.
- It is my belief that we all have the need to feel special. It is this need that can bring out the best in us, yet the worst in us.
- To have someone to relate to and hopefully enjoy the music and get a positive message out of it, to make the best music that we possibly could, those were the goals.