Quotes by Jean Anouilh
- An ugly sight, a man who is afraid.
- Are you in earnest? Seize this very minute! Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Only engage, and then the mind grows heated. Begin, and then the work will be completed.
- Beauty is one of the rare things which does not lead to doubt of God.
- It takes a certain courage and a certain greatness to be truly base.
- Life is a wonderful thing to talk about, or to read about in history books - but it is terrible when one has to live it.
- Life is very nice, but it lacks form. It's the aim of art to give it some.
- Men create real miracles when they use their God-given courage and intelligence.
- Nothing is irreparable in politics.
- One cannot weep for the entire world, it is beyond human strength. One must choose.
- Our entire life - consists ultimately in accepting ourselves as we are.
- Some men like to make a little garden out of life and walk down a path.
- Things are beautiful if you love them.
- To say yes, you have to sweat and roll up your sleeves and plunge both hands into life up to the elbows. It is easy to say no, even if saying no means death.
- Tragedy is restful: and the reason is that hope, that foul, deceitful thing, has no part in it.
- Until the day of his death, no man can be sure of his courage.
- We poison our lives with fear of burglary and shipwreck, and, ask anyone, the house is never burgled, and the ship never goes down.