Quotes by Jeanette Winterson
- Anything outside marriage seems like freedom and excitement.
- Art saved me it got me through my depression and self-loathing, back to a place of innocence.
- Confidence and superiority: It's the usual fundamentalist stuff: I've got the truth, and you haven't.
- However it is debased or misinterpreted, love is a redemptive feature. To focus on one individual so that their desires become superior to yours is a very cleansing experience.
- I am a writer who happens to love women. I am not a lesbian who happens to write.
- I believe in communication books communicate ideas and make bridges between people.
- I don't read reviews because by then it's too late - whatever anyone says, the book won't change. It is written.
- I don't write for any group. I write to bring about a change in consciousness.
- I live alone, with cats, books, pictures, fresh vegetables to cook, the garden, the hens to feed.
- If you continually write and read yourself as a fiction, you can change what's crushing you.
- Ordinary professionalism and 20 years' experience can accomplish a lot, but it can't access the hidden places.
- The curious are always in some danger. If you are curious you might never come home.
- You never give away your heart you lend it from time to time. If it were not so, how could we take it back without asking?