Quotes by Jerome K Jerome
- I attribute the quarrelsome nature of the Middle Ages young men entirely to the want of the soothing weed.
- I can see the humorous side of things and enjoy the fun when it comes but look where I will, there seems to me always more sadness than joy in life.
- I like work it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.
- It is always the best policy to speak the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar.
- It is in our faults and failings, not in our virtues, that we touch each other, and find sympathy. It is in our follies that we are one.
- People who have tried it, tell me that a clear conscience makes you very happy and contented but a full stomach does the business quite as well, and is cheaper, and more easily obtained.
- The weather is like the government, always in the wrong.
- We are so bound together that no man can labor for himself alone. Each blow he strikes in his own behalf helps to mold the universe.
- We drink one another's health and spoil our own.