Quotes by Jessica Savitch
- A fact of modern life is that it takes women longer to get ready than men.
- Anyone who writes an autobiographical work at the age of 34 is, at best, presumptuous. It occurred to me that it was time to set the record straight.
- By far my most perilous assignment was covering a tank car explosion.
- For every two minutes of glamour, there are eight hours of hard work.
- I worked half my life to be an overnight success, and still it took me by surprise.
- In every interview I have ever read or seen or taken part in, the final question in our future-oriented society is always, What next?
- In interviews I gave early on in my career, I was quoted as saying it was possible to have it all: a dynamic job, marriage, and children. In some respects, I was a social adolescent.
- It had not occurred to me that marriage requires the same effort as a career. And unlike a career, marriage requires a joint effort.
- Never refuse an assignment except when there is a conflict of interest, a potential of danger to you or your family, or you hold a strongly biased attitude about the subject under focus.
- No matter how many goals you have achieved, you must set your sights on a higher one.
- The latest wrinkle is on wrinkles. There is a widespread belief that women can't grow old in television news.
- The relationship between talent and management is uneasy, at best.
- What is the value of sticking a microphone in a man's face right after he has learned of his wife's death?
- Women didn't want to watch other women on television because they were jealous of their husbands' diverted attention.
- Women may not have it easy, but we are given a fairer chance to reach for the top.
- Women were seldom given quality assignments or adequate air time.
- You can easily die racing to cover a bank robbery as you can in a war zone.