Quotes by Jet Li
- Bruce Lee was very famous. I watched his movies and he is amazing. He is a martial arts master, his philosophy, his movement, both physically and mentally, were very strong.
- Every President that went to China, I would meet them and have dinner and talk about the past and the future. That was in the '70s.
- I am so happy because I want more people to like martial arts movie not just martial arts audience. Even martial arts can be used in comedy, in drama, in horror movies, in different kinds of movies.
- I believe the world is one big family, and we need to help each other.
- I didn't go to normal children school. I went to sports school when I was 8. So I studied martial arts.
- I knew nothing about martial arts. The coach told me I was talented with learning martial arts, and put me in a school. Three years later I got my first championship in China.
- I never stopped studying Buddhism. In the past few years, in between movies, I do a retreat.
- I spend more time learning about Buddhism than English, which is why my English today is still bad.
- I want to thank my mum, my daddy, my coach, my teacher, everybody in my life.
- I've been learning martial arts since I was 8 years old.
- In the States, you can buy Chinese food. In Beijing you can buy hamburger. It's very close. Now I feel the world become a big family, like a really big family. You have many neighbors. Not like before, two countries are far away.
- Jackie Chan is a very good comedy/martial arts star. He does one kind of martial arts that Jet Li doesn't know how to do and Jet Li does a martial art that Jackie Chan doesn't know how to do. You can both go to two Chinese restaurants, but both can have different kinds of food.
- My wife is the boss at home, and my daughters are the bosses. I am just the worker. We are a very warm family and very happy.
- My wife wanted my children to have some Chinese culture and education. She believes the children need to learn two languages and two cultures.
- This film 'Hero' talks about the peace of Chinese people.
- When I was 8 years old, I knew nothing about martial arts. The coach told me I was talented with learning martial arts, and put me in a school.
- Wushu is a move in Chinese, a physical move. An attack. Wushu is like an art.
- Zhang Yimou tried to use martial arts to talk about Chinese culture, Chinese people. What do they think, what do they want and what do they hope.