Quotes by Jewel
- As the body dieth when the soul departeth, so the soul of man dieth, when it hath not the knowledge of God.
- But the law of God came from heaven indeed. God wrote it with his finger, it is the fountain of all wisdom, and therefore shall it continue for ever, and never have an end.
- For now I'm just enjoying being a mom. I don't want to be more famous and more rich. I want to be a good mom.
- Forgiveness is the needle that knows how to mend.
- Human knowledge is dark and uncertain philosophy is dark, astrology is dark, and geometry is dark.
- I consider myself a product of Alaska. The love and the debt that I feel to my home state, you always want your hometown to be the proudest of you.
- I have a life that I enjoy I try and value the things that I think are worth valuing and everything else is icing. You know, it is a kick to go down the red carpet in that dress and then you go back home.
- I never found much comfort in overly organized religion of any sort.
- I think when kids just see well-crafted poetry, it's just obtuse to them. It's hard to relate to.
- I was turning 20 during my first record. Those decade birthdays always kind of cause me, it seems, to reflect, look back, and then look forward. I just was closing this period of my life where I was living in a car and scrambling my whole life to then signing a six-record deal with Atlantic.
- I would always encourage people of any age not to be so quick to follow other people's truths but to search and follow your own moral code and live by your own integrity, and mostly just be brave.
- I've always had a love for poetry and when I got signed to a record label I thought, 'How odd that I'm doing a record before a book of poetry,'
- It's like a garden: Whatever you water the most will do the best. At some point, you decide whether you'll water your career or your relationship more.
- Some people want fame, popularity and huge sales. I've always hoped to have a really long career. So I've tried to make each of my creative decisions and business decisions to allow for longevity. As a side effect I got really famous and really big. I didn't realize the two could go together.
- The things you fear are undefeatable, not by their nature, but by your approach.
- The word of God is full of sad and grave counsel, full of the knowledge of God, of examples of virtues, and of correction of vices, of the end of this life, and of the life to come.
- The writers I respect the most had an undying commitment to a vision.