Quotes by John Green
- As a small businessperson, you have no greater leverage than the truth.
- Beauty seen is never lost, God's colors all are fast.
- For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, 'It might have been'.
- Give fools their gold, and knaves their power let fortune's bubbles rise and fall who sows a field, or trains a flower, or plants a tree, is more than all.
- Peace hath higher tests of manhood, than battle ever knew.
- Teenage readers also have a different relationship with the authors whose work they value than adult readers do. I loved Toni Morrison, but I don't have any desire to follow her on Twitter. I just want to read her books.
- The smile of God is victory.
- Tradition wears a snowy beard, romance is always young.
- We don't tend to write about disease in fiction - not just teen novels but all American novels - because it doesn't fit in with our idea of the heroic romantic epic. There is room only for sacrifice, heroism, war, politics and family struggle.
- When faith is lost, when honor dies, the man is dead.