Quotes by John Lubbock
- A day of worry is more exhausting than a week of work.
- A wise system of education will at last teach us how little man yet knows, how much he has still to learn.
- Earth and sky, woods and fields, lakes and rivers, the mountain and the sea, are excellent schoolmasters, and teach some of us more than we can ever learn from books.
- Happiness is a thing to be practiced, like the violin.
- Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer's day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time.
- When we have done our best, we should wait the result in peace.