Quotes by Lee Trevino
- Golf isn't just my business, it's my hobby.
- I have an orthopedic pillow that's made out of a sponge material. I have a plate in my throat, and I have to be careful or I could end up with a bad neck in the morning. That pillow is a must everywhere I go.
- I met Jesse Owens once. He was a remarkable individual, and I have tremendous respect for what he did in the Olympics under the circumstances.
- I never played much golf as a kid. I caddied quite a bit but never got serious into golf until about age 15.
- If you are caught on a golf course during a storm and are afraid of lightning, hold up a 1-iron. Not even God can hit a 1-iron.
- My divorce came to me as a complete surprise. That's what happens when you haven't been home in eighteen years.
- Only bad golfers are lucky. They're the ones bouncing balls off trees, curbs, turtles and cars. Good golfers have bad luck. When you hit the ball straight, a funny bounce is bound to be unlucky.
- When you really deep down look at it, we go to bed every night, get up every morning, stay here for 70 or 80 years, and then we die.
- When you're poor, you know nothing about the future, you know nothing about the world, nothing that goes on outside 300 yards around you.
- You can make a lot of money in this game. Just ask my ex-wives. Both of them are so rich that neither of their husbands work.