Quotes by Lenny Kravitz
- A dramatic thing, the first time you stand up to your dad.
- Change is growth. For me it has been a very spiritual and musical rebirth.
- For the last few years, it's been so chic for everybody to be miserable. Like if you're in with the cool crowd, you can't be happy.
- I always try to keep the circumstances in my life fresh. I like to change the physical environment I live in, change the people around me and try to experience things for the first time. I think that keeps one on their toes, creatively and spiritually.
- I am not trying to change the world. I am just offering my gift that God gave me, and if somebody is moved by it, that's beautiful.
- I just need to know that I did the very best I could and that I was true to myself.
- I'm half Jewish, I'm half black, I look in-between. I dress funny. I play all these different styles of music on one record. It's like, What is he doing?
- I've woken up from dreams and the whole song is there. I'm listening to it in my dreams. I consciously have to wake myself up and get a tape recorder because I hear it like a record.
- It was amazing to me that, all of a sudden, I was hearing my music on the radio and coming out of cars.
- Music is my life, it is a reflection of what I go through.
- My mother gave lots of good advice and had a lot to say. As you get older, you realize everything she said was true.
- People always accuse me of being motivational in a way, like it was a bad thing, but that's just how I was raised. My mom raised me in a positive environment, with lots of love in my heart, and that reflects in my music.
- People see my photos and think I labor over my image and I'm this cool, brooding artist. But I'm just having fun with it.
- The fans of 'The Hunger Games,' of the book, are very passionate. It's funny: Even at my concerts there are people holding up 'Cinna' signs.
- There are so many people that don't believe in themselves and don't have faith.
- We're getting so pulled in by computers and technology, and our kids have their face in the computers all day. The human relationship is being diminished by this.
- You can be around 100 people and be completely alone. People don't realize what it's really like.