Quotes by Lucille Ball
- How I Love Lucy was born? We decided that instead of divorce lawyers profiting from our mistakes, we'd profit from them.
- I am a real ham. I love an audience. I work better with an audience. I am dead, in fact, without one.
- I hate failure and that divorce was a Number One failure in my eyes. It was the worst period of my life. Neither Desi nor I have been the same since, physically or mentally.
- I have an everyday religion that works for me. Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line.
- I will never do another TV series. It couldn't top I Love Lucy, and I'd be foolish to try. In this business, you have to know when to get off.
- I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.
- I'm not funny. What I am is brave.
- In life, all good things come hard, but wisdom is the hardest to come by.
- Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.
- Luck? I don't know anything about luck. I've never banked on it and I'm afraid of people who do. Luck to me is something else: Hard work - and realizing what is opportunity and what isn't.
- Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead.
- One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn't pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.
- The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.
- Women's Lib? Oh, I'm afraid it doesn't interest me one bit. I've been so liberated it hurts.
- You see much more of your children once they leave home.