Quotes by Lucinda Williams
- Back in the 1960s, I saw Peter, Paul and Mary. I was at that age, about 14, and I was mesmerized.
- I just broke up with my boyfriend, and I've been spending more time alone than I'd like.
- I'm not just a doormat. I'm not just being stepped on all over the place. If you look at the bulk of my material, it's about trying to find some strength through that.
- If you come into success too soon, you'll burn out and be finished before you know it. If you let the maturation process happen naturally, you'll be happier with yourself in the end.
- Just because I'm talking about something that might have been a sad or painful situation doesn't mean that I'm sad or tortured 24 hours a day any more than anybody else is.
- Of course, I'm older now. I'm in a different place in my life than when I wrote the songs for 'Car Wheels' or 'Essence' or whatever. Different things were going on.
- People let their own hang-ups become the obstacles between them and personal happiness.
- Some of their best songs don't have bridges and choruses. So that made me think I should trust my instincts. My songs were okay, I figured. I didn't need to change anything.
- You should put time into learning your craft. It seems like people want success so quickly, way before they're ready.