Quotes by Lynda Barry
- For horror movies, color is reassuring because, at least in older films, it adds to the fakey-ness.
- Humor is such a wonderful thing, helping you realize what a fool you are but how beautiful that is at the same time.
- I do love to eavesdrop. It's inspirational, not only for subject matter but for actual dialogue, the way people talk.
- I listen like mad to any conversation taking place next to me just trying to hear why this is funny. Women's restrooms are especially great. I wash my hands twice waiting for people to come in and start talking.
- I live in constant fear of being fired or dropped for that dark part of my work I can't control.
- I need to be cheered up a lot. I think funny people are people who need to be cheered up.
- If I didn't try to eavesdrop on every bus ride I take or look for the humor when I go for a walk, I would just be depressed all the time.
- If it is your time, love will track you down like a cruise missile.
- It's one thing to have a relationship, to lay your hands on it, and another to make it continue and last. That's something I haven't talked about much in my comic strips, and it's certainly something I'm interested in.
- My goal on my bucket list is to write a romantic comedy movie.
- My mom didn't want me to go to college. She didn't want me to read - when I read, I may as well have been holding a pineapple.
- The library was open for one hour after school let out. I hid there, looking at art books and reading poetry.