Quotes by M Night Shyamalan
- Being insecure - I'm a master, a virtuoso - they can be handing me the keys to the kingdom and all I can think is, I hope I don't drop the key.
- I grew up watching Steven Spielberg and scary movies.
- Movies will end up being this esoteric art form, where only singular people will put films out in a small group of theaters.
- My biggest fear in life is to be average.
- My normal cycle for movies is eighteen months and each part is separate.
- The first two movies I directed failed, when I was 21 and 23, and that was the greatest thing that could have happened.
- The thing that's protected me creatively is that the movies have made profits.
- There are a lot of things I can take, and a few that I can't. What I can't take is when my older brother, who's everything that I want to be, starts losing faith in things. I saw that look in your eyes last night. I don't ever want to see that look in your eyes again.
- There is no one looking out for us. We are all alone.
- When I was a kid, I had two great guilty pleasures. One was horror movies and the other was martial arts movies.
- When they see those fourteen lights, they're looking at a miracle. And deep down, they feel that whatever's going to happen, there will be someone there to help them. And that fills them with hope.
- When you say 'fear of the unknown', that is the definition of fear fear is the unknown, fear is what you do not know, and it's genetically within us so that we feel safe. We feel scared of the woods because we're not familiar with it, and that keeps you safe.